Your first Japanese sentence with particle 'wo' +Learn the days.

/
0 Comments


Sharly here! It's been centuries since I wrote my last post. My deepest apologies. I saw my readers enjoyed the Japanese vocabulary hiragana post. So let's carry on with the lesson.

Basics

Ohayou gozaimasu! This is the formal way to say Good Morning in Japanese.

Konnichiwa! This is definitely not hello! This means Good Afternoon. Would be weird if you to say good afternoon to someone during the morning or evening.

Konbanwa! Means Good Evening.



Where's my sentence?!

Patience young one. How you are going to say a sentence without knowing the words? If you are in a hurry, I will just throw it and only teach 2 to 3 words and for those with patience I'll write more later on.



Particle O / Wo

o/wo? yes, it written as wo but pronounced as o.

をおヲオ

 This is the Katakana (used for foreign words) wo, also pronounced as O.Do you use this? As a particle you definitely do not use this. I personally have never use this. Can you use this? You can for foreign words. Foreign words? Words that are not originated in Japan. For example; Wonder; would be ヲndaa. Wondaa? Comment bellow if you want me to make a post about this.

  This is the bad boy you are looking for to make a sentence. It's written like this.

オ   This is the Katakana for O. Perfect why is it here? Since wo is pronounced as o. I'll just put this here as decoration for you not to get confuse.

  This is the Hiragana for O. Another decoration for me not to confuse it with wo? That is correct! 

Perfect Sharly, what now? Good question. Wo is a particle you need to construct a sentence. Let's call it an action marker. O is placed after the item the action is done to. Say what now? Fine! It's better to just show it.

'Item' o ‘action'

Don't leave yet! Sharly what on earth is that? It's about to become your very first Japanese sentence. Actually is too short to be a sentence, but it's actually simple if you're staring. How do I use item o action? Here comes the 2 words I will teach you.

Coffee & drink in Japanese. I know some of you drink coffee if not let's add a third word water.

コーヒー : (Koohii) Means coffee. How do I pronounce that? I do suggest to practice the pronunciation of Ko, O, Hi & I. Koo is ko but elongated, same goes for hii. If you are having trouble just add the other o and i to it. This word is written in Katakana because is not Japanese.

Perfect now we got  Koohii o 'action'

I don't drink coffee! Okay, lets practice the word water.

みず : (Mizu) Means water. Once again practice how to pronounce Mi and Zu. More easier than coffee that's for sure. This word is written in Hiragana.

Now we got Mizu o 'action' or Koohi o 'action'

Give us drink! Alrighty; Let's do this!

のみます:Nomimasu : important thing to know masu is the polite form to end a verb. Nomi is drink. When you add masu; Nomimasu it turns into "I drink", "you drink", "he drinks", "she drinks", "it drinks" yes all those are simply Nomimasu. Easier than learning English if you ask me. This word is written in Hiragana.



It's time!

Let's say our first sentence.

Kohii o nomimasu.
Mizu o nomimazu.

Congratulations! You have your first sentence!




Sharly WAIT! We want to make it longer!

Perfect! Let's learn how to say tomorrow, sometimes, today and everyday.

Tomorrow : Ashita : あした
Sometimes : tokidoki :ときどき
Today : Kyoo : きょお
Everyday : mai nichi : まいにち

How do we use this? Where do we use this? Let's call this X to make it easier. This is how we do it.

'X' 'item' o 'action'

I will use the word water to give examples:

Ashita mizu o nomimazu.  = Tomorrow I will drink water.

Tokidoki mizu o nomimazu. = Sometimes I drink water.

Kyoo mizu o nomimazu. = Today I will drink water.

Mai-nichi miss o nomimazu. = Everyday I drink water. (I drink water everyday)


There you have it. Go show off your Japanese to your friends or random people.
Good Luck!


Love:








You may also like

No comments :

Copyright Sharly. Powered by Blogger.