My Lovely Japanese Professor

/
0 Comments

I haven't post for a long time. Shame on me. I also stopped practicing Japanese. More shame on me. Two days ago I found out my Japanese professor is officially moving back to Tokyo, and live there permanently or for a while. I was shocked, yet simultaneously I was extraordinary happy for her. She didn't said the reason. I can only imagine why. What I know she will be moving back to start a new career and become successful. 
She's a huge inspiration, even though I only met her for six months. Only thing I know about her is that's she's a professor for an university. She haves two gorgeous daughters. I admire her, because I know it can be tough being a single mother of two girls and much more. As said, I do not have much knowledge about her. She always spread positivity, and she's the true meaning of girl power. I always got excited every single Saturday to attend her class. I actually was happy being in the same room as her, gaining knowledge from her. I love her passion of sharing about her culture, the language, the history, and much more. I was actually going through something emotional, yet somehow she always brighten up my day, made me smile, brought peace into my mind. She's truly an extraordinary human being. 


Since I was five years old, I always had a curiosity about Japan, its culture, and even have the dream of living, and having a career there. Slowly those dreams faded away, because I told my mother about my dream, she just laughed, and said, stop dreaming, be realistic, it's never going to happen. Sometimes I wish she was a bit supported, educated me since young to get a job save money, do student transferred. When I was in high school.  Shamefully as it might sounds. I had no knowledge about college, about career paths, about jobs, I didn't even know about internships in other countries. All of that is in the past now, so I must focus on my present. 

How did you met her?


As mentioned before, I was going through emotional struggles. Still getting over my first relationship. I lost my job. Which I left with a big smile, and thank everyone for giving me the opportunity. I couldn't find a job after that. I was going through all that, and my grandmother knew I wasn't myself. I was always sad. One day she saw in the newspapers that an university is giving Japanese classes. She knew since I was young I wanted to learn Japanese badly. So she decided to enroll me. Which I'm grateful for what she did. The day came for me to go take the class. I was in the room waiting with the rest of the students. They were calling students for each class. In one, a Chinese professor was called, and he was told to make a speech, and he said; "wait.. I have to make a speech?" Everyone was laughing so he went to the microphone and taught us three things. He said; "you can called it the conversation avoider." I enjoyed it, because it was hello, how are you? & goodbye in Chinese. I love languages so much. Hello= Nǐ hǎo, How are you= Nǐ hǎo ma?, Goodbye = Zàijiàn. Yes, I still remember those three things, even if he taught in one minute.

I used to walk here every time I go to class.

After that I waited, and waited with my grandmother. Yes! I love having my grandmother by my side, and I don't care what people thinks. Plus, she enjoyed the Chinese professor speech, also met someone who used to work with her. She was telling me how curious she was about how my Japanese professor looks like, curious if she will say something in Japanese. I told her is a woman. She asked; "How do you know that?" I told her many people had talked a lot about her and how amazing she is. Then She finally arrived, I saw her and told my grandmother; "OMG that's her!" and my grandmother said; "How do you know is her? She can be giving other classes." Yet I knew it was her because I felt a vibe that is hard to explain. She was introduced, and was her. So my grandmother wished me a happy day, and class. I went to the classroom, and met her. She haves a very beautiful name; Aiko. Also learned she must have her coffee for a long day. hahaha Every single day I went to her class. I always arrived early, except one time when I missed the train right in front of my face. I learned a lot, and I learned a lot more quicker with Sensei (teacher) than studying on my own. Each time she wanted the class to interact with each other in Japanese. I always asked her to practice with me at least once. I really wanted her constructive criticism. When I was taking Basic Japanese two, I started to have a bit of a struggle, and she noticed. I have no clue what I did, but I do know, I never practiced at home. Which I was impress that I remember most things with just attending to class. She had enormous patiences with me.


google images

I want to thank her for having patiences with me. I want to thank for taking her time just to teach her students. I want to thank her for making sacrifices just to make sure she arrives on time, and making sure she gives the classes according to schedule. I want to thank her for giving me the opportunity of making origami and do Japanese calligraphy (write with ink brush on Mulberry paper) in the Japanese traditional way. You went above and beyond, just to made sure your students gets the full experience. You are extraordinary. I wish you success on your journey for you and your girls. May all your wishes comes true. You truly deserve it.


Love:




You may also like

No comments :

Copyright Sharly. Powered by Blogger.