How to nail job interviews?

/
0 Comments


A lot of people gets nervous when it comes to jobs interviews. I got used to it since I don't have a job, and what I do for living currently is going to job interviews after another.

Tips


Here are tips to nail the job interview:

1. Pretend is not an interview, just friends of your friends who wants to get to know you better.

2. Study about the company. They will always ask the famous: What do you know about our company?

3. Dress comfortable, dress to show your personality not to impress.


This third one is important, also depends on the company. I seen jobs where the person who interview you just wear a jean and a T-Shirt while those who are being interrogated comes in a fancy office suit. Unless you are going to work as the CEO or huge tittles jobs. Don't go over suited, because that might show to some that you are trying too hard. If it's Call Center, Receptionist, Fashion Store, etc. You can wear a fancy jean, with a fancy top, and not so high heels. Specially if it's Friday, because Fridays is jeans day for some companies, that's why research it's important. You want to fit in the environment, and if it doesn't show mention being able to adapt in different environments.

When I was beginning, I was intimidated by the people with large portfolios, and wearing fancy office suits, now I am not. It's important to look presentable, also is more important knowing your topics. People don't hire you for dressing fancy, they hire for the knowledge or people who are fresh willing to learn.

4. Before going to the interview, eat something 1-2 hours earlier, go to the bathroom, take deep breaths.

5. Always arrive half an hour early.

6. Before the interview day, check on google maps or go to the place so you won't get lost, and arrive late.

7. Be yourself.

In number seven, some people might mention it's a mistake, but I find it pleasing, is being sincere. For example I was asked an question that I didn't understand, so I asked with a question. Here's a silly one to make it easy. In Spanish tocar means play or touch. If for some reason an interviewer ask a question that haves the word tocar, I will repeat the word, tocar? and there they will explain it, while explaining it it buys you some time to thing of an answer or remember it. The other thing I had done is when they ask me a hard question that seems impossible to answer, I would say; "wow that is a tough question." While they laugh, smile, and comment on what you just said, it gives you time to think, even if it's just for five seconds.

8. This one is an amazing, and life safer. It's to look around while waiting, usually some companies have a screen or something in the waiting room that provides information about the company. if there isn't take notes on your phone, and read while waiting, and make sure if you hear something or someone, put your phone away or just look to make sure if it's your interviewer.

9. During an interview say something that makes them laugh or astonished.


For example in one of the two interviewers I was asked: "What you do besides look for jobs?" and I responded; "I'm taking Japanese language classes." When I said that they laughed and looked at each other awkwardly. I wasn't sure if they took it as a joke, thought it was a waste of time learning an other language or anything. I had no clue why they laughed. I failed to respond after that; "Learning new languages improves your memory, and your way of thinking." It's like asking; "Can you multi task?" That should be an automatically be a yes, because juggling three or more languages in your brain is like multi-tasking.  For example: I know English, Spanish, and baby Japanese. I also took French classes, I know some words or how to introduce myself in Korean, and Mandarin. Supposedly my first language should be Spanish, because where I currently reside people speak Spanish, but I write, think or talk to myself in English, and little of times in Japanese. So I have to switch languages back and forth every single day. The only thing I can't multi-task on is reading a noble with noise surrounding me. I focus more on the noise, and not on the book. On a job even if there are noise I can still read, and know my thing. When it's a noble, I need to enter inside the story, visualise myself, and imagine if I was in a movie. Don't ask I understand myself.

10. Practice interview questions with a friend.

Trust me it helps like crazy. If it wasn't for a friend who I practice with I would of gotten stuck on few questions. Asking a friend to interrogated you no conversational helps.


Interview questions I had so far:




1.  How are you today?

2. Tell us about yourself.

3. Was it easy to find our building?

4. Do you have a car?

5. Can you arrive to our building easily, and with easy commute?

6. What jobs you had worked for?

7. How much time did you worked for?

8. Why you don't have that job anymore?

9. Describe your previous supervisor.

10. What are the tasks you preform in you previous jobs?

11. What is the toughest situation you had faced in a job? How did you resolved it?

12. Tell us about a think outside the box resolution you had preform.

13. If there is a task you don't know how it's done, what would you do?

14. If a computer is not working what would you do?

15. Describe you most escalated experience, and it was solved?

16. If a customer is furious, how would you handle the customer?

17. If for some reason you are the only employ in the whole entire building working, and there's is a rush, how would you handle the situation?

(Basically in some jobs they will repeatedly throw situations questions at you, so make sure to practice all the worst scenarios could possibly exist in a job.)

18. What did you studied?

19. Had you ever worked in a beauty job? Call Center? (which ever job you are applying for)

20. What things you do in your spare time?

21. What are your weaknesses? How you can fix/resolve that?
      (Mostly they say fix to make it  sound tricky)

22. Who is the person you admire? Why? (This is a tough one let's see why.)

23. Describe the person you admire.

24. Are you like the person you admire?

25. Can you preform all the exact same tasks like the person who you admire? Why, and how?

26. If the person who you admire have to judge you, what they will say about you?

27. Do you get bad habits from the person you admire?

28. Do you want to become into the same person like the person you admire?
      (So many answer you want to provide yet you can't, because may sound rude or kiss ass)

29. Why would you be good for our company?

30. What you can provide for our company?

31. Why we should chose you, and not anyone else?

32. Would you quit if tasks gets harder?

33. Do you think of yourself superior than others?

34. Why are you important for our company?

35. Can you multi-task? How?

36. Can you work in a fast-pace environment? Why?

37. What values do you have that can support us?

38. Why you are applying in our company?

39. What interest you about our company?

40. Why you want to work for us if you didn't study for this job position?

41. What are your short term goals?

42. What are you long term goals?

43. What programs or technology you used in your previous jobs?

44. What computer programs you used in your previous jobs?

45. What is customer service?

46. How do you serve the customers?

47. Do you follow the rules when something doesn't work or you break the rules to make it work?

48. What you do for living now?

49. How do you describe your life style?

50. Is there any things you want to mention that we missed? is there a message you want to give us? Do you have any questions?

(If you applying for a clothing shop, they will ask; "What's your favourite fashion magazine?" Who is your favourite designer?" if related to food; "Who is your favourite cheff?, Favourite food?, etc." Depends on the person who interviews you or their interview habit.)


Answer to this questions? Well it will be noticeable if you get the answers from the internet or not. My personal answers? Alright here we go!


I'm doing good. I'm the kind of person who loves to pay attention to details. The building is very accessible. I don't have a car, my commute is walking, and public transportation. It's very easy to commute since I live near your building. (Skips 6-17, because everyone have different experiences, and doesn't work in the same jobs) I studied Digital Imaging inside the field of Computer Information. I had work in Call Center, and interactions with the customers. I studying Japanese language, I sometimes write blogs, and go out to meet new people. I'm a perfectionist. There's no resolution or fixing, there's only improvements. The way I can improve is to do my best, give all my efforts, and not be so hard to myself, which is my other weakness. I challenge myself too much. I can improve it by simply completing all the task. If all the tasks are not completed, at least I know the ones I completed is correctly done.  (Skips 22-28, because it's a secret, and everyone doesn't admire the same person)


I hate quitting deeply, because if you don't do it, how you are going to know the end results? I used to work in a fast-paced environment. I had answered 66 calls in one day. Even if I haven't study finance (example) I believe people learn more during the real work environment, and not by memorising book or by just simply having a diploma which is just a paper. (I won't actually say that, but it's true how many people memorise something just for an exam, and the next day forgets everything or those who cheats on exams?) I actually met a woman who had 20 years of experience with Call Centers, and I had none. When we went live to answer calls the person actually cried, and quit the job. Sharly with no experience at all, being my first ever official paying job. I never quit, even if I wanted to quit. All the things I studied during training, was nothing similar to the real work environment. I learned more while working live than studying for it. People may have 7-30 years of experience, but that doesn't make them more knowledgable than those who have no experience what so ever. Everyone screws up at the beginning, not just the people with no experience. How you can gain experience if you need experience to gain experience? That I want someone to explain to me. I know the company needs someone to start working in the same day they sign a contract, but in the end I bet (in some situations) the person with no experience, can work ten times better than the person with twenty years of experience.


Here comes the sarcastic answers that people may find it rude:

Why you want to work for us? I want to work for your company, because I need a job, and an income, so I can survive in this life. Other sincere answer will be to learn more about your company, learn about you policies, and to gain experience. Why this is sincere? Because when they hire you, you will forcedly learn those things by simply working there. Can you multi-task? Well, if I'm almost trip-lengual, don't you think I can already multi-task? In my previous job I was handling calls, looking their information on the system, creating cases, and chatting with my supervisor simultaneously. Doesn't that automatically answer the question? (Just mention all the task you did, and simply put simultaneously, but make sure it fits. Why? If you say handling calls, and pooping on the toilet, then at simultaneously... You know where I'm going at.) What are your short term goals? Have an income, and save the money. What are your long term goals? (If I mention this they will laugh, and not hire me, so some people lie on this part) For example; My real goal is move to Japan, learn about it's history, have that culture shock moment. For how much time? I don't know the future itself only knows, and how I get accustom. If I mention this where I currently reside, most company will think it's unrealistic. It's never going to happen, because I don't even have a job, and many excuses that could possibly exist. That may be the reason why in one of my interview they laughed when I mentioned I was taking Japanese classes.


Here is where if I answer sincerely I will never get the job. What are your short term goals? Gain a job, gain experience in life, much money as I can, and continue taking Japanese classes. What are you long term goals? After saving enough money thanks to a job. Travel or move to Japan. First I will attempt applying for a program that is for being an English teacher in Japan. If passed stay for two years or more working, if not go as a vacation or wonderer travel. (can't find the word for it)

When they ask; "Is there any things you want to mention that we missed? Do you have any questions?" Here you ask them about the job position. If they love working for the company, their experience. Around what time they contact those who qualify so you won't waste time waiting for a call that you will never receive. Ask questions that shows them that you are highly interested in the company.



Love:



You may also like

No comments :

Copyright Sharly. Powered by Blogger.